Thursday, October 1, 2009

I've been spending the past two weeks in Atlanta, GA with Sleeperkid's World. Santiago, the owner and producer of the site invited me out to stay at his place and shoot for his website. It was a blast! I love wrestling! I had worked with Santi and a few of the SKW girls before when they came to Arizona this summer. It was nice to see these friends again. I also made several new friends! The SKW crew, all friends/family of Santi and Sleeperkid's World , is huge! There are so many loving people in Atlanta that I had a great time getting to know and spending time with!

The night I arrived, Santi had arranged a Welcome Party for me. I was welcomed with friendly faces, warm hugs, cold beer and Rockband! He even had a new puppy for me to play with. Life was awesome! I felt like a queen or something...I had never really had a party thrown for me before. I was very excited to be there and make new friends. And to think, this was all just part of my job...Yep! I sure do love what I do :)


The next day started work. It was hard work too! I spent the next few days training in wrestling manuvers and wrestling in videos for the site. Sometimes I would wrestle one-on-0ne versus another model, other there would be several of us in a shoot. The shoots were long and kept me active. I had to remember the moves I was doing, the moves that were being done around me, make the moves look good, act tough, not get hurt or hurt others, and try to stay looking pretty through it all. It was a lot to remember, tough to do, but oh...so much fun!

I loved learning all the moves! I had a great time getting thrown around the wrestling mats. Santi has a great mat room/studio at his house, which is a great place to work in. There is plenty of room to be tossed around. At first, I was beat up and lost most matches. But eventually, I got to win a few! Another great part was that I got to work with several other models, some long term SKW wrestlers and even a few pro wrestlers. I learned a lot from the people I worked with and had so much fun. It seemed as if we were always laughing and having a great time during the whole shoot. This tends to happen when you get several of us models together, but usually not much work gets done. Santi does a great job at getting the work from us he needs, while having fun too. We got several videos completed in efficient time, despite all the fun we had while shooting. It was great to be a part of such a great team! After a long day of shooting we would usually go out to dinner with everyone from the shoot with drinks and Rockband to follow afterward. I have never had so much fun with a whole week full of shooting before!

I had a few other shoots around Atlanta while I was there. I shot in a haunted house that was being constructed for Halloween. That was creepy, but cool! I also had a shibari ropework photoshoot with PassionAndSoul and Photognome. We shot at Joe's (Photognome) house and he had a suspension hook, so I was suspended by the rope up in the air. It was a really awesome experience, and I got some great images too!

Overall, I had a fabulous time in Atlanta. I was surrounded by wonderful people, made tons of new friends and got lots of work in. So, I'm able to pay my bills this month and come home with a little extra money! Yay for ATL!

Popular Posts