Monday, April 13, 2009

So…I get a random call from Kimberly Marvel one night…

“Hey! Want to come model for a photography workshop in the White Sands this weekend?”

“Hell Yeah”, I say! ***I love that place***

Two other girls scheduled for the workshop couldn’t make it. Since I was only a 5 hour drive away, I got to fill in for them. So, I packed up my wardrobe and headed out to New Mexico! I really needed to be home to prepare for my upcoming trip to L.A., getting my laundry done, booking work, soaking up time with my boyfriend… But, the White Sands Nat’l Park is a place I cannot pass up. It is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been to! Endless white dunes of gypsum under a beautiful bright blue sky! It’s very surreal feeling. When I’m there I feel as if I am walking on another world. I wish I could describe it well enough to do it some justice, but I can’t, so you should just go! If you’re ever driving through New Mexico, make sure to stop off at the Sands!


It was so good to see Kim again! Last time I saw her we were in Phoenix last October for the Arizona Shootout. She is so fun! We had a blast staying up all night chatting like little girls at a slumber party. The only thing bad about that was that we had to get up super early for a sunrise shoot out at the Sands. But our hotel room had a coffee maker so I was able to make some hot tea in the morning to get me going.



It’s too bad I didn’t take some hot tea with me out to the Sands…it was so freakin’ cold! It was a very windy and cold day…the sand was freezing. Our toes went numb from the coldness! The best part was listening to the photographers gripe and moan about the cold while wearing jeans and sweatshirts. Kim and I were laying down on the cold gypsum in our birthday suits! We got a little sandblasted and took turns huddling under a big blanket…but we still had lots of fun. It got better after it warmed up a little. Then we blew up some inner tubes and tried to slide down the dunes. It was a funny little spectacle. Kim ended up wearing the inner tube around her waist and did a little ballet dance for us. It was great =)

Popular Posts