Saturday, July 25, 2009


Friday night was our only night to go out and paint the town red. At first, I didn’t want to go out because I had been exhausted from traveling around the city from shoot to shoot all day and we had an early shoot in the morning. But London said you can’t do this much work in this city and not have some fun, social time. So I agreed to go out. We met one of Pat’s friends, Dev, a bar called The Hairy Monk. It was not our type of place, a typical frat bar, but Dev was nice and I found a video game machine that had erotic photo hunt on it. I love that game! London I always have an amazingly good time playing it and can’t stop laughing at the horrible photos. Who in the world was the photographer that sold this game the photos? They are so bad! But, it wouldn’t be as amusing otherwise.



Xandra, my boyfriend’s cousin, and practically my own family, had recently moved to the city and she met us at the bar. I was very happy to meet up with her because I hadn’t known if I’d see her with how busy I was. As soon as she arrived we high-tailed it out of that bar and onto the next. We met up with some ModelMayhem people, Markman, LT Smash, and Stephy C at a nice looking, but super loud bar that played horrible music. If it hadn’t been for the free drinks and great company Markman’s group treated us to, we would’ve left. You couldn’t hear yourself think in that place, let alone have a conversation with anyone!


Next stop was food! After several drinks it was time to start soaking up that sourness in our tummies. I have no idea what street we were on but we went to a famous place for french-fries at 3am. All I can remember is the address outside said 123 Fries! The fries were absolutely delicious. I got lemon-dill, Xandra got honey mustard and London got something yummy I can’t remember…I think it was parmesan peppercorn. Definitely the best fries ever! After eating, London was done for the night. She hopped in a cab to take off for bed. I had to say goodbye to Xandra so I walked with her down the street to one of her favorite bars and met some of her friends. I can’t wait to come back to the city and hang out with this girl more. She knows where the cool spots are!



So, I said my goodbyes to my cousin and hopped in cab toward Central Park West. Since London had the keys, she stayed outside on the front steps talking on the phone till I go there. I grabbed the keys from her, walked into the building and started up the stairs. But as I was trudging up the steps, looking at the door, something seemed very strange. The doorknob was on the left side of the door instead of the right??? I scratch my head and look back down the stairs at London. Yep, she’s there on the steps… must be at the right place, I tell myself. But, no! I wasn’t. I was in the building next door. London proceeded to laugh her ass off.




A few hours later I wake up still drunk. Have to cancel our shoot. But it was totally worth a night out in the city! As London said…
”you can’t work this much in this city and not go out and have some fun. You’d go crazy. You gotta go out!” Glad I did. It was great to see family too. I wish Xandra all the best of luck in the city. She’ll be looking for a new place to live this week. But as she told me “I don’t know where I’m living next week, but I don’t care! I love this city and I’m never leaving”

She’s so great! I love her enthusiasm =)

Popular Posts